Benton County, Oregon

Making Benton County a Better Place to Live
Printed on Aug 31, 2015 @ 3:46 AM

Benton County Building Division – Permits

Required Information

All building permits for structures must be applied for in-person at the Community Development Building Division. Forms may be printed, filled in manually and attached to your plans to submit for application.

Your address is the information used on the majority of permits. If no address has been assigned to the property yet, the legal description (12-digit map & tax lot) and the road name may be used. Call 541-766-6819 and ask for building permits for other pertinent information regarding your permit.

Plot Plans

Plot plans larger than 11" x 17" can NOT be accepted.  Plot plans are required for:  Ag Exempt, Building (exterior only), Decommission, Demolition, and Manufactured Dwelling Placement Permits.  Refer to the corresponding form below for the number of plot plans required.

Make sure your plot plan includes all the information shown on the Sample Plot Plan Checklist (PDF).


You may calculate building fees using the Permit Fee Estimator (PDF).

Building, Electrical, Mechanical, and Plumbing permit fees are based on the work being done. Contact the Building Division for details.

Download Specific Permits

The following permits are in PDF format and will each open in a new window (use Adobe Acrobat Reader to view).