Benton County, Oregon
Printed on Jun 19, 2013 @ 4:25 AM
Benton County Sheriff's Office – Concealed Handgun Permits
Concealed Handgun License
Citizens are required by law to have a license to carry concealed handguns. Concealed Handgun Licenses are issued by the Sheriff's Office of the county in which the applicant resides. Citizens must apply for concealed handgun licenses and renewals.
Requirements for applying for a Concealed Handgun License:
- Complete Application Packet (PDF)
- Provide fingerprint card. See fingerprint schedule for times to be printed.
- Provide proof of competency (see Application Packet).
- Provide proof of citizenship (see Application Packet).
- Provide proof of residency. You must provide proof that you live within the boundaries of Benton County. A complete listing of what proves residency is available via ORS 166.291, but examples of acceptable proof of residency include a current driver's license (displaying a current Benton County address), or proof that you own or lease property within Benton County.
- Provide secondary identification. This form of identification must include your photograph (such as a current drivers' license). Please note: Using your current driver's license satisfies the requirement for both proof of residency and secondary identification if it displays your current Benton County address.
- Make an appointment to submit your application.
- Call (541) 766-6606 to schedule your appointment.
- Appointments are available Tuesday & Thursday between 11:00am to 1:00pm.
- Submit completed application and appropriate licensing fee in person. Fees are as follows:
- New license: $65
- Renewal license: $50
- Address change or lost/stolen license: $15
If you have any questions, or to schedule an appointment, please call (541) 766-6606.
Our mission is to provide professional service and protection with honor and integrity.
Our vision is we are valued as an exceptional Sheriff's Office.
Our values are honor, integrity, ethics, and professionalism.