Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Apply for an AWPP Grant!
The Benton County Agriculture and Wildlife Protection Program (AWPP) funds a merit-based, cost share, reimbursement grant program for farmers in Benton County.
Agricultural operations of any size in Benton County that wish to prevent conflicts with wildlife may qualify for up to $5,000 in reimbursement grant funds for the purchase of proactive non-lethal wildlife deterrents to protect livestock and crops. Individuals experiencing conflicts with beavers may also qualify for grant funds for the purchase of deterrents to protect trees or prevent flooding.
The AWPP grant program requires an application for non-lethal wildlife deterrent reimbursement funds. Applications are accepted starting October 1 and must be received by November 30th at 11:59 PM.
All grant applications will be evaluated by county officials and a grant review committee. Successful applicants will be notified of award during the first week of January. Successful applicants may then purchase the approved deterrents and submit a reimbursement request form and receipts to the county office. A check for up to the amount awarded in the name of the applicant is then issued. Checks in the name of the applicant are issued after deterrents are installed. A site visit by County staff will occur to confirm installation. Successful applicants are required to keep project records, report conflicts, evaluate their project, and abide by program restrictions.
How Much Grant Funding is Available?
The AWPP includes $40,000 for the cost share reimbursement grant program for the 2021-23 biennium:
- $35,000 for proactive livestock and crop protection; and
- $5,000 for emergency grants
- Each applicant may request up to $5,000 in reimbursement grant funds.
Typically, the majority of funds are awarded within the first year of the biennium. If program participation is high, partial awards may be necessary based on fund availability.
Those wishing to apply for AWPP Emergency Grants (up to $5,000) for may do so year-round.
Please visit our FAQ's Page for other common questions on AWPP grants before you apply!
Please download and complete the appropriate form(s) below and submit via email to: email@example.com
AWPP Grant Application Form 2023 [PDF] If you are applying for an emergency grant you will also complete this form.
AWPP Grant Application Additional Site Form 2022 [PDF]
Blank form(s) may also be printed, completed, and mailed to:
Benton County AWPP
360 SW Avery Ave
Corvallis, OR 97333
If you have a question regarding non-lethal wildlife deterrents, our granting process, or anything else related to the Program, please use the contact form below or send an email to the Benton County AWPP at: firstname.lastname@example.org