Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Livestock-Predator Hub (UC Rangelands) is designed to provide research-based information for rangeland livestock producers and wildlife managers on mitigating and managing potential conflicts. This resource is based in California, but contains many methods used all over the world.
Farming with Carnivores Network is a collaborative of farmers, specialists, biologists, and other experts who are working together in relation to the reality of farming with predators.
Non-Lethal Solutions to Reduce Conflicts (Project Coyote) is a national non-profit organization based in Northern California whose website promotes understanding, respect and appreciation for wildlife. A rich resource of non-lethal deterrent options are provided based upon the type of predator.
The Encyclopedia of Animal Predators: Learn to identify threatening species through tracks, scat, and the damage they leave behind. Fascinating profiles of more than 30 predatory mammals, birds, and reptiles teach farmers, ranchers, homesteaders, and backyard-animal raisers how to prevent their livestock, poultry, and pets from becoming prey. By understanding how predators think and behave, where and how they live, and how they attack and kill prey, you’ll be able to interpret the potential threats surrounding your home.
Safeguarding Livestock (Mountain Lion Foundation): Learn common methods for keeping livestock safe from mountain lions (cougars), including small herd enclosures, guard animals, and techniques and devices to scare predators away.
Bear Smart Society: Learn about living with bears and bear deterrents for farmers, ranchers, and beekeepers.
Ranching With Wildlife Brochure: Livestock losses are an unfortunate reality of ranching. Most losses are disease or weather related or result from birthing complications; predators can also kill livestock, but good animal husbandry practices combined with strategic non-lethal predator control methods can considerably reduce such losses. Ranchers can choose which methods will work best for their livestock operation. Although many nonlethal techniques exist for reducing livestock losses to predation, the specific technique(s) employed will depend on the type and size of livestock operation, habitat/terrain, native predator species present, cost, and available resources.
Livestock Guardian Dog (LGD) Webinars
Selecting, training and utilizing a guardian animal, especially a livestock guardian dog (LGD), that is appropriate to your circumstances is important for that animal to work effectively for you. The following webinars by LGD expert, Jan Dohner, may be helpful to you:
A Deeper Dive Into Livestock Guardian Dogs provides an overview of recognized LGD breeds as well as training and handling tips.
Troubleshooting Livestock Guardian Dog Behaviors, provides information on guarding poultry, multiple LGDs, and using invisible fence to help prevent roaming.
Disclaimer: The information above is provided for educational purposes only. We encourage you to do your own research on specific methods that will work best for you and your property. Any beliefs and/or opinions stated by the resources listed above do not necessarily reflect the belief and/or opinion of Benton County, or its affiliate organizations.