Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Benton County departments relocating to Research Way, Corvallis
Monday, August 22, 2022
Beginning this week and through the beginning of October, the Benton County Information Technology (IT) Department, Community Development Department, Financial Services Department, Human Resources (HR) Department, and the Environmental Health Department will relocate to the Kalapuya Building at 4500 SW Research Way, Corvallis.
On Wednesday, August 24, the IT Department will move from the Fifth Street Building at 209 NW 5th Street, Corvallis to the Kalapuya Building at 4500 SW Research Way. The IT Department will be temporarily closed for in person services August 24-29 and will reopen on Tuesday, August 30. IT will be located on the first floor in the main lobby.
Beginning at 1:00 p.m. Friday, September 2, the Community Development Department will be closed to the public. The department will move from the Avery Building at 360 SW Avery Avenue, Corvallis to the Kalapuya Building at 4500 SW Research Way. The Community Development Department will be temporarily closed for in-person services September 2-12, and will reopen to the public at 9:00 a.m. on Tuesday, September 13. Permit processing and scheduled building inspections on active permits will continue during the temporary closure. Community Development staff will continue to return voice messages and emails. Please anticipate a delayed response during the move. The Community Development Department will be located on the second floor.
Beginning Wednesday, September 21, the Financial Services Department will move from the Sunset Building at 4077 SW Research Way, Corvallis to the Kalapuya Building at 4500 SW Research Way. The Financial Services Department will be closed to in-person services September 21-23 and will reopen to the public on Monday, September 26. Financial Services staff will have limited access to phones and email, which may create slower response times. The Financial Services Department will be located on the first floor in the main lobby.
Beginning Wednesday, October 5, the Human Resources Department and the Environmental Health Department will move from the Sunset Building at 4077 SW Research Way to the Kalapuya Building at 4500 SW Research Way. Both departments will be closed to in-person services from October 5-7 and will reopen to the public on Monday, October 10. Staff from the Human Resources Department and the Environmental Health Department will have limited access to phones and email. Both departments will be located on the second floor.
Contact information for Information Technology, Community Development, Financial Services, Human Resources and Environmental Health staff, including phone numbers, email addresses and mailing addresses, will remain unchanged during the relocation period.
- Information Technology Department website and phone number: 541-766-6881
- Community Development Department website and phone number: 541-766-6819
- Financial Services Department website and phone number: 541-766-6100
- Human Resources Department website and phone number: 541-766-6081
- Environmental Health Department website and phone number: 541-766-6841
These five department moves complete Phase II renovations of the Kalapuya Building, which began in December 2021. In January, the first three departments to relocate to the Kalapuya Building included the Assessor’s Office, Records & Elections Department, and the Board of Commissioners’ Office. These three department moves completed Phase I renovations of the Kalapuya Building, which began in June 2021. In December 2019, County Administrator Joe Kerby first proposed the acquisition of a facility in Corvallis to co-locate County public services, and in January 2020, the Board of Commissioners approved the purchase of the 4500 SW Research Way building, which has since been renamed the Kalapuya Building.
The relocation and assembly of County departments begins to address initial reasons for the County’s purchase that included addressing critical space needs and the centralizing of customer services in a convenient and accessible location. The Kalapuya Building has provided improved community member access and service to the public; is located within a quarter mile of the County’s Sunset Building, and the physical size of the facility advances the County’s vision of a one-stop-shop customer service center. Additionally, the moves complete the co-location of customer-facing departments, ample parking for the public, operational efficiencies, and stewardship of tax dollars.