Benton County Transportation Coronavirus (COVID-19) service update
Wednesday, March 25, 2020
Benton County Transportation is taking the following steps to protect the wellbeing of staff, drivers, and passengers. Benton County Transportation is discontinuing the following services in response to COVID-19 until further notice:
- Coast to Valley Express (ended March 23rd);
- 99 Express (ended March 30th);
- Corvallis-Albany Connection (ended March 30th).
Under the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization, the Oregon Health Authority, and the Benton County Health Department, Benton County Transportation, through its contractor, Dial-a-Bus, has implemented the following protocols:
- Encouraging clients to travel only when essential.
- Limiting the number of passengers on vehicles to maintain safe social distance.
- Cleaning and sanitizing our vehicles more frequently to help maintain sanitized surfaces.
- Requiring that passengers avoid sitting in the forward seats of our vehicles, to protect drivers.
Please help keep yourself and others safe by washing your hands regularly, covering your cough/sneeze with a tissue or your elbow and by staying home if you feel unwell.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will keep you informed as things evolve.
Benton County Transportation, through its contractor, Dial-a-Bus, is still providing demand-response rides to eligible individuals, however, individuals are restricted to essential trips only as defined by the Governor’s Executive Order. Individuals with questions about eligibility should call Benton County Transportation at 541-754-1748 or visit our website at https://www.co.benton.or.us/publicworks/page/county-public-transportation-services.