Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Commissioners approve Climate Action Plan
On Tuesday, September 4, 2018, the Benton County Commissioners voted 3-0 to approve a resolution that sets a goal of cutting the County government’s greenhouse gas emissions to 75 percent below 1990 levels by the year 2050. Milestones targets are set for 2025, 2030 and 2040. The emissions reduction target was tied to 1990 levels in order to coordinate with similar initiatives adopted by the city of Corvallis and the state of Oregon.
The Climate Action Plan is a living document that will continuously identify, implement, and institutionalize carbon mitigation policies and practices.
"The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago, the second best is today,” said Sean McGuire, Sustainability Coordinator. “If we can't prepare for the future today, when are we going to do it?"
“We worked to ensure our Countywide plan uses a systems level approach that considers climate change and human health impacts. The health of the people that live, work and play in our county, and the natural resources that make Benton County so unique are top priority.”
Benton County will continue to engage staff and Departments, research and calculate carbon reduction estimates of actions, evaluate the effectiveness of services, and revise and improve the plan as needed.
The plan includes actions for individual employees that are simple practices like carpooling, turning off lights and a general reduction in paper use, and tasks the Fleet Services division within the Public Works department and a handful of other departments with specific actions. The area where the County can make substantial impacts occurs in the cross-departmental actions and policy changes that include:
Explore establishing specific energy reduction goals (electricity, gas, etc.)
Explore establishing specific water reduction goals (interior, irrigation, etc.)
Require consideration and evaluation of all new or renovated facilities to meet LEED Silver standard
Install and maintain renewable energy sources (e.g. solar and wind) on all applicable facilities and grounds
Consider policies to incentivize and support car-pooling, mass-transit, bike/walk, and/or telecommuting to meetings and other work-related events
Implement waste diversion opportunities in all facilities (specifically in eating areas) and at public events
Prohibit, or strongly discourage, purchase of single-use drink containers (plastic water bottles) and other disposable items with County funds
The adopted Climate Action Plan is available online at http://bit.ly/BentonCo-ClimateAction.
The County’s Climate Action Plan follows a resolution approved by the Board of Commissions late last year to address climate change. In December 2017, the Benton County Board of Commissioners joined Oregon State Government, nine local governments, thirteen colleges and universities, and more than 50 organizations and private businesses within Oregon by signing the “We Are Still In” pledge to institute and implement the intent of the 2015 Paris Climate Agreement.