Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
The County Administrator (CA) is appointed by the Board of Commissioners and is responsible to them for managing County operations. The CA has responsibility and authority to assure County functions are carried out efficiently and effectively:
- Directs and manages department directors, internal business support functions, and assigned staff to assure alignment with Board of Commissioners’ (BOC) priorities; Responsible for all aspects of personnel management (in consultation with the BOC), such as hiring, establishing goals, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and dismissals;
- Explores and evaluates strategic opportunities to improve organizational effectiveness;
- Establishes standards and performance measures for county organizational improvement;
- Facilitates interdepartmental collaboration, integration, and communication;
- Oversees the development and administration of policies, procedures, programs, goals and
- Oversees labor negotiations;
- Advises on and implements Board of Commissioners’ strategic planning, policy and program
- priorities, and objectives.
- Oversees implementation of County-wide strategic planning activities.
Interim County Administrator Suzanne Hoffman
Suzanne Hoffman joined Benton County as Health Director in October 2020, just seven months into the COVID-19 pandemic. She quickly built trust and credibility within the county and throughout the community. Through her leadership, Hoffman has made significant contributions to Benton County in the areas of Public Health, Behavioral Health, and Coordinated Homeless Response.
She is known for her integrity, open and forthright communication, and a focus on collaboration and teamwork.
Prior to joining Benton County, Hoffman served the State of Oregon for over 30 years, including as the Chief Operating Officer of the Oregon Health Authority, among other roles with OHA. The Benton County Board of Commissioners greatly appreciates Hoffman’s commitment to serve as Interim County Administrator until the new County Administrator is selected
Contact the County Administrator at Suzanne.Hoffman@bentoncountyor.gov or (541) 766-6370.