Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Introducing Benton Area Transit
Wednesday, May 19, 2021
Benton County’s transit program has launched its new brand. Formally known as the Special/Rural Transit Program, and often referred to by the name of the County’s contractor, Dial-a-Bus, the rebrand brings with it a new name: Benton Area Transit (affectionately known as BAT), logo and color scheme.
In the coming weeks, community members can expect to see the new brand show up on the County’s transit vehicles and in their outreach materials. The core demand-response service to seniors and people with disabilities has been named “BAT Lift.” The general public transit services remain Coast to Valley Express and 99 Express for now.
In addition to the Benton Area Transit rebrand, the transit program has a new service phone number at 541-766-6700 where individuals can call with questions about our services, provide feedback, and/or request a ride.
The new transit website, RideTheBAT.com, hosts information about the services the program provides to the community. Real-time passenger information is currently available on the website, showing where the BAT buses are and when they will arrive at stops. In addition, general public transit services can now be found on the Transit App, and soon individuals will be able to purchase passes and fares through the app.
Along with the rebranding efforts, Benton Area Transit is undergoing the following operational changes:
May 3, 2021 - Benton Area Transit changed the way it provides service to the North Albany area. The new service is called the North Albany Service and it is similar to a bus route, with defined stops at popular locations in Corvallis and North Albany. Individuals certified through BAT’s eligibility process have the opportunity to request door-to-door rides when the bus is in their area. This service operates four runs each day between Corvallis, Adair Village, and North Albany, Monday through Friday. Please visit the BAT website for more information.
July 1, 2021 – The Coast to Valley Express, a partnership service between Benton Area Transit and Lincoln County Transit that travels between Albany, Corvallis, and Newport seven days-a-week, will be changing its schedule in preparation of an expansion from four runs to six runs per day. The new schedule is available below. The cost of a one-way ride on the Coast to Valley Express will be reduced from $10 each way to $6 each way. Children ages 5 & under who are accompanied by an adult ride for free.
Service Questions: 541-766-6700
Eligibility Questions: 541-766-6318
More information: RideTheBAT.com