Last phase of Benton Health Center remodel underway
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
The final phase of construction on the north side of the Benton Health Center, located on 530 NW 27th Street, began in early 2019. The next move of services will occur March 1-4, 2019. The Benton Health Center will be closed to the public on Friday, March 1 and only the Pharmacy will be open to the public Monday, March 4. All services at the Benton Health Center will be open to the public on Tuesday, March 5, 2019.
Beginning on Tuesday, March 5, 2019:
- Mental Health Services will no longer be provided at the 53rd ST Health Center. All mental health services will be provided at the Benton Health Center. This includes the Assertive Community Treatment Team, Wraparound Care Coordinators, Housing Team, and psychiatry providers and nurses.
- Dental Services will no longer be provided at the 53rd ST Health Center and will remain unavailable until March 18.
- All primary care providers will be located at the Benton Health Center, with the exception of Dr. Marske. Marske will be temporarily located at the 53rd ST Health Center until May 2.
- Public access to the Benton Health Center will be available through the new East entrance on 27th Street only.
- Both the 1st and 2nd floors of the North east and west wings will be under construction.
Anticipated to begin on March 18, 2019:
- Dental services will resume at the Benton Health Center, located on 530 NW 27th Street, Corvallis.
- The Benton Health Center’s new West entrance will be open.
- The Benton Health Center’s South and South west parking lot will be available.
The 53rd ST Health Services Center shuttle service provided by the County that began in March 2018 continues to be available to patients and staff through May 2, 2019.
The first shuttle pick-up starts at 8:15am at the Benton Health Center and following pickups are a quarter past the hour (:15) and a quarter to the hour (:45). Pick up at the 53rd ST Health Services Center occurs on the hour (:00) and half hour (:30). The last pick-up at the 53rd ST Health Services Center is at 5:30pm.
The Benton Health Center remodel expanded the Benton Health Center to the complete building footprint at an estimated cost of $7.6 million. The renovation modernized the exterior of the building, improved space layout, created a centralized lobby area and improved environmental conditions within the building. The remodel was initially projected to be completed by January 2019 and is currently projected to be completed in May 2019, but still remain under budget.