Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Wednesday, April 10 Flooding and High Water Updates
Wednesday, April 10, 2019
Please check ODOT's TripCheck to see if highways are closed or traffic is restricted. As a reminder, please DO NOT cross flood waters. Turn around, don't drown! Keep yourself safe and plan ahead for delayed travel times.
See all Emergency Road Notifications.
- Quarry Road
- Hwy 99W southbound and Hwy 20 are both currently open.
- Hwy 34 will remain closed through Wednesday evening between Colorado Lake Dr. and Van Buren Ave. at First St.
- Springhill Dr. is now closed just past the Golf Club of Oregon at milepost 2.
- Bruce Rd. at Hwy 99W
- McFarland Rd. at Hwy 99W (Alpine side)
- Greenberry at Hwy 99W and Bellfountain
- Springhill Dr. milepost 2, just pass the golfcourse
- Kiger Island Road is now closed.
- Avery Park Ln. between Philomath/Allen St.
- Eureka Rd.
- Old River Rd. and MP 2.5
- River Rd. from Hwy 99W-Schultz Rd.
- Stow Pit E from Hwy 99W
- West Ingram Island Rd. E from Hwy 99W
- Bruce Rd.
- Bundy Rd.
- McFarland Rd.
- Oak Grove and Palestine
- Reese Creek Rd.
In Corvallis, the OR 34/U.S. 20 intersection is closed as flood waters cover the roadway. Travelers should avoid the area and take alternate routes. OR 34 is closed between Colorado Lake Drive and NW Van Buren Avenue at NW First Street. The Bypass is closed in both directions at OR 99W. The water continues to rise and the closure has moved east. The road will remain closed until the water recedes. Check TripCheck.com or call 5-1-1 for current road conditions.
Reminders from ODOT for Driving in Heavy Rain
Heavy rain can create dangerous driving conditions including reduced visibility, reduced traction between tires and the road, and less predictable car handling. Before heading out, visit TripCheck.com to check your route, and give yourself more time to get where you are going. Also remember to:
- Slow down, especially through high water. Driving through several inches of water at high speed can cause you to lose control of the car.
- Be aware of the potential for hydroplaning, when your tires encounter more water than they can scatter. Your tire loses traction with the road and if this occurs, ease off the gas, gently apply the brakes and steer straight ahead.
- Keep your distance; you may need more time to slow down.
- Turn on your headlights to improve visibility.
- Disengage your cruise control.
- Check your brakes. After driving through a puddle, check that brakes are working properly by tapping them gently a few times.
Crews are working to remove landslides and monitor water on the roadways all around the state. Be prepared for delays by making sure vehicles are fully fueled, and carry extra supplies. For more tips on driving safely in Oregon's challenging weather, visit ODOT's website.