Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Benton County Budget
The Budget Process
The county budget process is generally defined by Oregon Local Budget Law ORS Chapter 294 and county financial policies. The Budget Officer oversees preparation of a proposed budget based on financial and policy parameters established by the Board of Commissioners with advice of the Budget Committee. You may see below for information on this year's proposed Budget.
A Budget Committee consisting of three appointed citizens and the Board of Commissioners is presented a proposed budget for review and approval. A summary of the approved budget is published. Then the Board of Commissioners conducts a final public hearing and adopts the budget. All meetings discussing the budget are open to the public.
The budget process of each service district is similar. The county budget and one service district is prepared on a biennial basis. Five service district budgets are prepared on an annual basis.
The biennial budget period extends from July 1, two years, to June 30. The annual budget period extends from July 1 to the following year June 30.
Benton County, Benton County 911 Emergency Communications Services County Service District, and the Benton County Library County Service District are biennial budgets. The budget process for the 2023-25, which begins July 1, 2023 and ends June 30, 2025, biennium has begun. Formal meetings of the respective Budget Committees begin April 18, 2023 and will conclude by the 18th of May. Click Budget Committee on the menu to view scheduled meeting times and agendas.
The budget process for the annual budgets of the Alpine, Alsea, Alsea Human Services, Cascade View and South Third Service Districts, as well as the Benton County Agricultural Extension Service District, is also underway. Budget Committee meetings for Cascade View, South 3rd, Hidden Valley, and Agricultural Extension Service District will be held on the 15th of May, 2023. Budget Committee meetings for Alsea, Alsea Human Services, and Alpine Districts are scheduled for the 17th of May, 2023. Legal notice of these meetings and agendas were published as required by law and also posted to the County web site in mid-April.
As needed, and required by law, public hearings are advertised and conducted periodically by the Board of Commissioners to modify the current budget. Notices of these hearings are posted on this website and published or mailed as required by law.
Budget Committee Applications
Benton County is not currently seeking any new applicants for the 2023-25 Biennium Budget Hearings, but if you are interested in serving in the future please view this linked position description and application for more information or see below.