Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
The Building Division is responsible for administering the building permit and inspection program in accordance with State building, electrical, plumbing, mechanical and manufactured dwelling setup specialty codes. Certified inspectors, building plans examiners, and staff technicians perform these tasks.
General services and inquiries are available by email and phone from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. In-person services are available by appointment from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Please call 541-766-6819 or email to email@example.com to schedule appointments or ask questions in advance.
Click here for details about submitting permit applications
Building Division Staff
- Ron Dettrich, Building Official
- Daryl Long, Plans Examiner/Building Inspector 2
- Lance Richardson, On-call Plans Examiner
- Suzanne Larson, Plans Examiner/ Building Inspector 2
- Becky Peterson, Plans Examiner/Building Inspector 1
- Geoff Tracy, Community Development Technician
- Morgan Driggs, Community Development Technician
- Frank DeWilde, On-call Commercial Electrical Inspector
- Mark Esbenshade, On-call Building Inspector 2
Please visit the Permit Process and Forms page for information on applying for Building, Manufactured Structure, Electrical, Plumbing, Mechanical, Agricultural and Demolition Permits at Benton County. We also process the construction permits for the following jurisdictions:
- Adair Village
- City of Monroe
When developing a property, there are many factors to consider
Zoning - Is my proposed use allowed? Are there any overlay zones or natural features on my property?
To determine the zoning and existence of any overlay zones or natural features on your property, please use BentonMaps or call the Community Development Department and ask to speak with the Planner On-Call.
Setbacks - Is my proposed project far enough away from property lines, roads and adjacent structures?
Once you know the zoning of your property and the type of structure (dwelling or accessory structure) you can navigate to the siting standards of the applicable chapter in the Benton County Development Code. Alternatively you may call the Community Development Department and ask to speak with the Planner On-Call.
Floodplain - Is my proposed project located in the regulated floodplain?
Whether or not your building site is in the regulated floodplain can have a major impact on your project. To find out more about the possible impacts of being in the regulated floodplain on your project please visit our floodplain webpage or call the Community Development Department and ask to speak with our Certified Floodplain Manager.
Water Supply - Does my property have access to potable water? Will the size of my proposed structure require sprinklers or water storage in case of a fire?
Potable Water: The use of water in Oregon is regulated by the Oregon Department of Water Resources. Sources of drinking water for a property are either provided by a spring, a well or a city water utility. If your property doesn't already have a water source and a city water main is not an option, contact your local water master for more information.
Fire Protection: To determine if the size of your proposed structure will require sprinklers or water storage in case of a fire, contact your local fire department. If there is no local fire department assigned to your property, then you will want to contact the Oregon Office of the State Fire Marshal at firstname.lastname@example.org or 503-373-1540.
Natural Resources - Does my property contain Fender's Blue Butterfly habitat, wetlands, or riparian areas?
To determine if there are any regulated natural features on your property, please use BentonMaps or call the Community Development Department and ask to speak with the Planner On-Call.
Natural Hazards - Are the soils on my property prone to landslides, high shrink-swell rates or high erosion?
To determine soils on your property, please use BentonMaps or call the Community Development Department and ask to speak with the Planner On-Call.