Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
notice - we will not be performing inspections on Monday, June 19th, 2023 due to the closure to recognize JUNETEENTH
A MINIMUM OF 24 HOURS ADVANCE NOTICE MUST BE GIVEN FOR INSPECTION REQUESTS.
INSPECTION REQUEST TELEPHONE NUMBER - 1-888-299-2821
BUILDING PERMITS ARE VALID FOR 180 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF ISSUANCE
Note: Due to the size of the county, a limited number of inspectors, and the varied locations of inspections requested each day, we can only offer morning and afternoon general timeframes for inspections. We apologize in advance for not being able to provide you with a specific time that your inspection will be performed.
Have the following information ready when you call for an inspection:
- The 12-digit "IVR number" provided on your Issued Permit under "Description of Work"
- Your Name and Phone Number
- Job Site Address
- Any special directions to site (if needed)
- Specify Type of Inspection
- Date and Day the inspection is requested (Please call the day before you would like to have your inspection performed. Same day inspections can be scheduled, if requested prior to 7:00 A.M.).
Permit Holder’s Responsibilities at time of inspection:
- Ensure that work to be inspected is complete and ready at time of inspection.
- Provide access to the area to be inspected.
- Ensure that the County approved plans are available to the inspector.
Unable to request to schedule an inspection via ePermitting? Please review building permit for property IVR number and the expiration date of the permit. If the permit is expired, please provide a written request to our office regarding information on reinstatement.
Typical inspections required prior to occupancy/use of the improvements that are the subject of the permit:
- Driveway/Road Approach Inspection
- Final Inspection
- Foundation Inspection
- Framing Inspection
- Rough Wire Inspection
- Service Inspection
- Under floor/slab Inspection