Single Family Dwelling Permit Application
Submitting a Single Family Dwelling Permit Application:
COVID Protocol Effective January 10, 2022
General services and inquiries are available by email and phone from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Remote meetings and in-person services are available by appointment from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Please call 541-766-6819 or email to email@example.com to schedule appointments or ask questions in advance.
We are also accepting emailed permits and can take payment from credit or debit cards electronically or over the phone.
New or Replacement Single Family Dwelling
- To place a new dwelling on a vacant parcel, you will need to obtain zoning approval. For more details email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-766-6819 and ask to speak to a planner in our Planning Division.
- To replace a dwelling in a resource zone (farm or forest zone), you will need to obtain zoning approval. For more details email email@example.com or call 541-766-6819 and ask to speak to a planner in our Planning Division.
Access and Water Supply Worksheet
- New or Replacement Dwelling - An Access and Water Supply Worksheet ensure that the access and water availability on site is adequate for fire rescue.
Onsite Septic Permit Application
- New Dwelling - A previously approved Onsite Septic Site Feasibility Permit is required, along with a new application for an Onsite Septic Installation Permit application.
- Replacement Dwelling - If you proposing to connect to an existing onsite septic system, you will need to submit for an Onsite Authorization Notice Permit Application.
Address Request or Confirmation Form
New Dwelling - An Address Request Form is required and the address will be released at the time of permit issuance. If the property does not have an address, the property will be referenced by the Map and Taxlot on all forms.
Replacement Dwelling - An Address Confirmation Form is required to confirm that the existing address is still accurate.
Cost for Dwelling Permit
1. Once a stamped “Received” Site Plan is obtain by the Planning Division, please call 541-766-6819 regarding scheduling an appointment with a Building Permit Technician for application submittal. At time of submittal please provide all documents:
- Single Family Dwelling Permit Application
- Detailed Site Plan
- Drawn-to-scale Building Plans
- Supplemental documents (e.g. truss engineering, structural calculations)
- Water Information Acknowledgement Form
- Water Quality and Pump Test (New Placement ONLY)
- Onsite Septic Permit Application
- Access and Water Supply Worksheet from local fire agency
- Address Request or Confirmation Form
- Energy Selection Form
NOTE: If your proposed structure or demolition is within the floodplain you will also need to submit a floodplain development application (the form and instructions will be at the bottom of the page).