Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Community Rating System & Flood Insurance Discount
Community Rating System
Benton County participates in a program called the Community Rating System (CRS) which is part of the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP). The NFIP’s Community Rating System provides discounts on flood insurance premiums to property owners in communities that establish floodplain management programs that go beyond national minimum requirements. CRS communities receive credit towards premium reductions for floodplain management programs that:
- Protect public health and safety;
- Reduce the risk of flood-related hazards, damage, and erosion;
- Prevent increases in flood damage due to new construction;
- Encourage and incorporate measures that protect natural and beneficial floodplain functions;
- Preserve open space areas in and around floodplains;
- Inform community residents and agencies of floodplain hazards and benefits;
- Encourage acquisition of flood-prone properties and relocation of structures to reduce the risk of flooding;
- Facilitate accurate insurance rating; and
- Promote the awareness of flood insurance.
Flood Insurance Discount
Benton County is one of only seven communities to maintain a CRS Class 7 designation in Oregon. Rural Benton County residents have enjoyed a discount on their flood insurance premiums for the past 20 years due to the county’s continued floodplain program implementation. Statewide only eight government agencies – including the cities of Albany, Central Point, Corvallis, Cottage Grove, Medford, Portland, and Salem, as well as Marion County – have lower ratings (ranging from Class 5 to Class 6).
Benton County's current Class 7 designation authorizes an automatic 15% discount for flood insurance premiums for Benton County property owners. Visit floodsmart.gov for additional flood insurance information and contact your insurance agent today to make sure your flood insurance policy is current. Remember to ask your agent about FEMA’s redesigned flood insurance program Risk Rating 2.0.