Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Covered and Secured Loads
Watch this video for more information - How to Cover & Secure Your Load
It is important to cover and secure you load, including when transporting materials to Coffin Butte Landfill, Republic Services Recycling Depot, or to donation centers.
Improperly covered and secured loads will be assessed an additional $10 fee at Coffin Butte Landfill.
As you transport a load in an open trailer, truck bed or car with an unsecured tailgate, there are variables such as: high wind speeds, abrupt stops and starts, and weight shift, that have the potential to cause material to fall or blow away from your vehicle.
When this happens, it not only adds to the roadside litter, which leads to public cleanup cost, but also can be hazardous. According to a study released by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety, more than 200,000 crashes involved debris on U.S. roadways during the past four years, and nearly 37% of all deaths in road debris crashes resulted from the driver swerving to avoid hitting an object.
To ensure your load is fully covered and secure, follow these simple tips:
- Cover your entire load with a sturdy tarp.
- Tie or strap large items directly to your vehicle or trailer.
- Avoid overloading vehicle.
- Make multiple trips if needed.
In recent years, Benton County has partnered with Republic Services to raise awareness and provide education to recognize National Secure Your Load Day. This year we have teamed up to increase those efforts, which include:
- Providing on-the-spot education at the landfill scale house
- Increasing roadside cleanup crews
- Incentive for properly covered and secured loads at the landfill
- Distributing and installing signage and outreach materials both around the landfill and in the surrounding communities