Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Floodplain Development Permit Information
What Counts as "Development"?
In a floodplain, this term has a very broad definition. Examples of typical types of “development” in a floodplain include:
- Structural projects – new structures, additions, demolitions, repairs, bridges, fences, and retaining walls
- Electrical, plumbing and mechanical projects – replacing or installing electrical wiring, heat pumps, irrigation pumps, furnaces, water heaters, wood stoves, etc.
- Remodeling projects – hanging drywall, replacing or installing windows, flooring, and roofs
- Ground disturbing projects – filling, excavating, or grading your property
- Riparian projects – stream restoration and habitat enhancement
Some of the projects listed above may not require a separate building permit or land use approval but they all require a Floodplain Development Permit. If someone else will be doing the project for you, remind them to get floodplain development approval first.
Why is a Floodplain Development Permit Required?
As part of Benton County’s participation in the Community Rating System, the county is required to maintain records of all development activity approved in the floodplain. These records are kept in the form of Floodplain Development Permits. They document the county’s commitment to responsible floodplain management and help ensure county property owners continue receiving flood insurance at a discounted rate.
Where Can I Get an Application Form?
The application form is available in the Supporting Documents section below and at the Benton County Community Development office. There is also a link below to a set of step-by-step instructions detailing how to determine whether or not your project is located in a floodplain and how to fill out the Floodplain Development Permit form.
For more information, contact the Floodplain Manager at 541-766-6819