Land Use Compatibility Statement (LUCS)

Land Use Compatibility Statement (LUCS) Applications

The LUCS is the process the State uses to determine that Oregon Liquor Control Commission and Oregon Department of Agriculture registrations and other approvals that affect land use are consistent with a local government comprehensive plan and development code.  LUCS are required for a recreational marijuana production (grow) application and an industrial hemp handler/seed application.  A LUCS is a form that the local government uses to verify to the State that the proposed use is consistent with the local development code.   The Benton County Planning Division will take this form and make the verification for the applicant. If the proposed use is not outright permitted, the Planning Division will note this on the form and the applicant will need to complete the steps to make the use acceptable.  The Planning Division will also note if the use is prohibited; in this case, the State will not issue a license to the applicant.  The Planning Division is accepting LUCS at this time either over the counter or via regular mail.

LUCS forms for recreational marijuana are available on the OLCC Recreational Marijuana Website.

LUCS forms for industrial hemp are available on the ODA Hemp Website.

Please print out the applicable form and bring it to our office and ask to speak with a Planner. Along with your completed form bring a map of the entire property showing:

  • existing and proposed buildings,
  • the location of the proposed operations, and
  • for marijuana operations, the location of your water source.

Please contact us with any questions at or 541-766-6819, we are happy to help you through this process. Our Office Location: Community Development Department, 360 SW Avery Ave, Corvallis, OR 97333. 


MARIJUANA PRODUCERS: As part of your application to OLCC you will need to provide evidence of an irrigation/agricultural water source for your operations. Please contact the Oregon Water Resources Department or your local water master for additional information about this process.