Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Prevent Food Waste
Wasted Food Wasted Money
Join other Oregon businesses and be part of the solution to stop wasted food.
Each year, an estimated 25 to 40 percent of all food produced or imported for consumption in the United States is never eaten. That’s as much as 63 million tons of wasted food. Of that food, 40 percent is estimated to come from consumer-facing businesses—businesses like yours. And that wasted food means wasted money, by some estimates as much as $57 billion annually for U.S. businesses.
The good news is that reducing waste isn’t hard and really pays off.
Studies show that nearly all businesses that try to reduce their wasted food through wasted food measurement, employee training, and waste prevention practices experienced a positive return on investment. Over half of businesses studied had more than a 1,400% return on investment—a $14 return on every dollar invested. It’s as simple as joining other Oregon businesses in taking four simple steps.
4 Steps to Save Money
- Figure out where you are wasting food and how much that waste is costing you. Is it coming from spoilage, preparation or plate waste? Check out our simple measurement tools to get started and take the one-week measurement challenge.
- Once you know where your waste is coming from, find the strategies that are right for you. The free Wasted Food Wasted Money Resource Guide provides simple, step-by-step solutions.
- Engage staff to identify and make small shifts in how you do business. Changes in purchasing, storage, food preparation, training, inventory management, or merchandising practices can save money and waste less food.
- Document your progress by tracking purchasing and waste so you can see how much you saved. You’ll be pleasantly surprised!
- Wasted Food Measurement Tool
- Wasted Food Wasted Money Flyer
- Restaurant Resource Guide
- Grocery Store Resource Guide
- Food Donation Guide
- Food Waste Recovery and Composting Guide
- Oregon DEQ Food Waste Study
Examples of Commercial Food Waste Prevention