Riparian and Wetlands Project - Advisory Groups
The Advisory Group began meeting in 2009. The Community Development Department of Benton County, with review by the Benton County Board of Commissioners, strive to gain advisory group members that represent the diverse knowledge and interests of Benton County residents. All members of the public are welcome to attend the Advisory Group meetings.
The Riparian and Wetland Advisory Group meets quarterly (or as necessary) to provide input to County staff to:
- Inform the assessment and detailed mapping of current riparian/wetland conditions (GIS, LiDAR, and other data;
- Determine the scope and goals of ground truthing field assessments;
- Identify information gaps of importance for future work to enhance the county riparian/wetlands program;
- Help develop and review implementation of the
* All Advisory Group meetings are open to the public and occur quarterly or as needed, on the Tuesday of each month from 4:30-6:00 p.m. in the Large Conference at Benton County Avery Facility located at 360 SW Avery Ave., Corvallis, OR 97333
If you are interested in learning more or interested in the specifics of joining, please contact Adam Stebbins, Benton County Projects Coordinator (Adam.Stebbins@co.benton.or.us or call 541-766-6085).