Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Riparian And Wetlands Project Inventory Updates
This page provides the most current and past project inventory reports. The inventory is updated as new information is produced and collected by project staff.
Benton County Voluntary Program for Riparian Resources - Monitoring Protocol, Findings
Project staff are currently working with Advisory Group members with intern support from Oregon State University-Biological Engineering to finalize a protocol for monitoring riparian vegetation cover. A final draft of the monitoring protocol will be provided for review.
Benton County Riparian and Wetlands Inventory Report (5/8/11 draft)
Review the full Benton County Riparian and Wetlands Inventory Report (below)
The first Draft Benton County Riparian and Wetlands Inventory Report was released for public review on 12/17/10; notice was provided via email, project website, and local newspapers and newsletters. Public comments were provided by county landowners and residents, Riparian and Wetland Advisory Group participants, State/local government, and many others. In addition, Benton County held additional community meetings with approximately one-hundred attendees in the community of Alsea, to share project work to date, and was provided with additional input on improving the draft report.
Ongoing Listening Sessions led by a Benton County graduate student intern, also provided landowners with additional one-on-one discussions to learn more about the project and provide ideas for improving the inventory and any proposed code.
Based on the range of input received from December 2010 to April 2011, several updates to the Draft Inventory were completed by project staff.
Draft Benton County Riparian and Wetlands Inventory Report (Draft)
Review the previous Benton County Riparian and Wetlands Inventory Report (12/17/2010) (below)
Review the Executive Summary of the Inventory (below)
The Inventory was developed from 2009 to December 2010 by direct support and/or participation from Benton County landowners, county staff, Benton Soil and Water Conservation District, City of Adair Village, City of Monroe, Mary's River Watershed Council, Audubon Society of Corvallis, Oregon Department of Agriculture Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife, Oregon Department of Land Conservation and Development, Oregon Department of Forestry, and the US Environmental Protection Agency.
Funding was provided through the awarding of a competitive grant from the Wetlands Program Development Program, within US EPA Region 10 to Benton County Community Development Department and in-kind staff and volunteer support. The inventory was requested by county residents during the 2007 Benton County Comprehensive Plan update.