Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Starting in 2007, Benton County staff from Community Development, Environmental Health, and Public Works developed and successfully implemented a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) program (see program brochure).
The program requirements are part of the Clean Water Act that local governments and private organizations must comply with for discharges of pollutants into the waters of the United States and regulating quality standards for surface waters. This means that there are many actions that the County is taking in the ‘urbanized areas' around the cities of Corvallis and Philomath known as the Federal Urbanized Area.
The overall goal of the Benton County Stormwater Program is to reduce the volume of runoff from current development (for example parking lots, subdivisions) and the developing landscape, while reducing the amount of pollutants carried by stormwater runoff to our rivers and streams. In order to meet this overall goal Benton County staff has developed and implemented Six Minimum Control Measures.
Benton County Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP)
The Benton County Stormwater Management Plan was developed by Benton County Community Development, Environmental Health, and Public Works in 2007 and adopted by the Benton County Board of Commissioners. Benton County updated its NPDES Phase II MS4 Permit on February 21, 2023 and the corresponding amendments to Benton county Code went into effect on March 23, 2023. Previous versions of the SWMP can be found in the Document Library under the "Historical Documents" section.
Best Management Practices (BMP) Document
Benton County has established 'Best Management Practices (BMPs)' to help minimize environmental impacts of our daily work in County facilities, roadways, and construction sites. These Best Practices include proper erosion and sediment control and reducing our impact footprint on Benton County's natural resources.
Stormwater Program Related Code Documents and Applications
To view specific stormwater features, please visit our Benton County Storm App: BC Storm App Link. Guidance for regulations and enforcement under the Stormwater Program are included in the Benton County Code as well as the Benton County Land Development Code in the following chapters:
To view Erosion & Sediment Control Permit information and documents, please visit the Erosion & Sediment Control Permit page.
Benton County Code Land Development Code
Chapter 21: Nuisance Abatement Chapter 87: Goal 5 Resources
Chapter 23: Solid Waste Management Chapter 91: Specific Use Standards
Chapter 31: Enforcement Chapter 99: General Development Standards
Chapter 36: Illicit (Non-Stormwater) Discharges