Physical Distancing Outdoor Options
Thursday, April 23, 2020
Updated 5/7/20, 11:00am
Extended school cancellation, the Stay at Home order and recommendations from Oregon Governor Kate Brown around physical distancing can be stressful for families. The recommendations to stay home and keep your distance from individuals not in your immediate household remain crucial to slowing the spread of the virus, keeping rates of infection low and limiting the strain on healthcare providers. Here are some activities you may want to consider when you are ready to go outside.
The following include outdoor options available for families:
- Join or start a community bear scavenger hunt.
- Throw a birthday parade party.
- Get moving at home with the American Heart Association.
- Stay well in Corvallis with backyard activity guides, participate in earth day activities, enjoy a yoga class and more!
- Go for hike. Please remember to not socially hike with other individuals and to maintain a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Recreate outside by walking, jogging, cycling or skateboarding in town maintaining a distance of 6 feet from others.
- Work on projects around the house
- Clean the garage
- Wash and detail your car
- Defrost your freezer
- Pick weeds and mow the yard
- Organizing and order photos
- Plant a garden or flower bed
- Go through your closet
- Fix the fence
- Help your neighbor(s) while practicing safe distancing of 6 feet or more away from each other.