The assessment is estimated to occur during 2018.
Phase 1: Document Current Justice System Conditions
January 2018 - April 2018
- Stakeholder interviews
- Compile data on programs, jail population, crime, court processes, etc.
- Analyzes current justice system policies and processes
Project Launch and Community Meeting, February 20, 2018
Phase 2: Conduct Needs Assessment
March 2018 - July 2018
- Describe and project population and classification groups
- Identify service needs
- Apply trends and industry standards
- Performance review
Assessment Findings Report-Out & Community Meeting, May 31, 2018
- Watch event video
- Data Report-Out Presentation
- Community Survey
- This online survey is open to all members of the public
- Audience members participated in instant polling. Results of the audience's instant polling are including in the Data Report-Out Presentation above.
Phase 3: Develop Solutions
June 2018 - September 2018
- Document issues
- Document alternatives to address needs
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis
- Information system requirements
Evidence-Based Approaches and Criminal Justice Best Practices, July 24, 2018
Local Jail and Incarceration Issues, July 25, 2018
Phase 4: Develop and Finalize Report
September 2018 - December 2018
- Draft report presented to public
- Prepare a prioritized and phased implementation schedule
- Prepare a final document
- Final report presented to County
Public input opportunity
- Draft Solutions Presentation. October 23, 2018, 6:00-8:00 pm, at the Courtyard by Marriott Corvallis, 400 SW 1st Street, Corvallis, OR 97333.
- Final Report Presentation (tentative).