The following methods were used in Benton County’s criminal justice assessment to collect qualitative and quantitative data regarding the current state of the County’s criminal justice system and facilities.
- Interviews with 30-40 elected officials, non-profit organizations, agency heads, community leaders, and persons involved with the local justice system.
- Literature review of evidence-based criminal justice systems, practices, and programs from around the state of Oregon and nationally.
- Statistical modeling regarding population projections and growth within Benton County.
- In-person and online surveys with over 300 community members who self-selected into the survey.
- Analysis of data and program reports from the Benton County Circuit Courts, Sheriff's Office, and Juvenile Department; the Corvallis Police Department; the Philomath Police Department; and, the Oregon State Police.