Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
District Attorney's Office Home
John M. Haroldson was elected Benton County District Attorney in November 2008, following his appointment in February 2007 by Governor Ted Kulongoski. Prior to his appointment, he served as Benton County's Chief Deputy District Attorney, a position he held since 2002. Haroldson began his prosecution career in 1988 as an intern-prosecutor for the City of Albany and later as a Linn County Deputy District Attorney. Read More....
We will make Benton County a safe and just place to live and work.
By fairly, effectively and efficiently enforcing the law we will:
- Protect the public from crime
- Safeguard children from abuse and neglect
- Enforce the right of children and families to receive child support
- Assist and advise crime victims; and
- Foster respect for the rule of law
District Attorney's Office Core Values
Integrity is the bedrock upon which all our actions must be anchored. We will respect and obey the law and the lawyer's Code of Professional Responsibility. We will be honest with ourselves, our colleagues, and the public. We will act with honor.
We respect the right of all people to fair and equitable treatment under the law. We will enforce that right.
We serve the people. We will do so efficiently and courteously.
We are a team. We will support and encourage each other as we work toward the accomplishment of our mission and the achievement of our vision.
We will seek to continuously improve the fairness, efficiency, and effectiveness of our office and the justice system we serve.
Hours of Operation
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.