Benton County District Attorney
This office will appear on the May 17, 2022 Primary Election ballot.
Anyone interested in running for the office of the Benton County District Attorney would file with the Secretary of State Elections Division in Salem, Oregon. Contact them at 503-986-1518 or visit their website.
The following are qualifications and terms for the office of Benton County District Attorney:
- Must be a United States citizen and registered voter in Benton County:
- Term of office is for the duration of four years;
- If the office is vacant, the Governor appoints a qualified person to serve until successor is elected;
- Must be admitted to practice law in the Oregon Supreme Court at the time of election appointment;
- ORS 8 outlines the duties, qualification and other information pertaining to the office of District Attorney.