Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Benton County Sheriff
If three or more candidates file for the office of Sheriff, this contest will appear on the May 17, 2022 Primary Election ballot. If any candidate receives a majority of votes cast (50% plus one vote), that candidate alone is nominated and will appear on the November 8, 2022 General Election ballot. If no candidate receives a majority of the votes cast in the May 17, 2022 Primary Election, the top two vote getters will move on to appear as candidates on the November 8, 2022 General Election ballot. If two or fewer candidates file for the office of Sheriff, the race will appear only on the November 8, 2022 General Election ballot.
Requirements for the office of Sheriff:
- Must be a citizen of the United States at the time of taking office and thereafter, for the length of time in office;
- Must be a resident of the state of Oregon for at least one year prior to the time of filing for office;
- Must be a registered voter of Benton County at the time of taking office and thereafter, for the length of time in office;
- Must be at least 21 years of age at the time of taking office;
- Must have at least four years of full-time law enforcement experience, or at least two years of post-high school education at the time of filing for office;
- Must have no criminal convictions which would keep the person from being certified at the time of filing for office and thereafter, for the length of time in office; and
- Must provide proof of certification or eligibility for certification by the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training no later than March 17, 2022 5:00 PM PST, the 61st day prior to the May 17, 2022 Primary Election, and maintain it thereafter, for the length of time in office. For more information, please visit the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training DPSST website or call them at 503-378-2100. Please be aware that candidate filings for sheriff will not be posted on Benton County Elections website until the proof of certification or eligibility for certification by the Department of Public Safety Standards and Training is received.
Filing Resources for the 2022 Sheriff’s Race
First Day to File: September 9, 2021
Last Day to File: March 8, 2022 at 5:00 PM
Last Day to Withdraw: March 11, 2022 at 5:00 PM
If filing by fee form SEL 101 Candidate Filing - Major Political Party or Nonpartisan and $50 are required.
If filing by petition form SEL 101 Candidate Filing - Major Political Party or Nonpartisan, form SEL 121 Candidate Signature Sheet - Nonpartisan, SEL 338 Petition Submission - Candidate, Voters' Pamphlet and 442 valid signatures are required. Please have all signatures into the Elections office by March 1, 2022 to allow for adequate processing time before the March 8, 2022 filing deadline.
Additional information regarding filing for office can be found in the Candidate's Manual and Campaign Finance both are published by the Secretary of State.
County Voters' Pamphlet
First, determine if there will be a County Voters' Pamphlet produced for this election. Inclusion in the County Voters' Pamphlet is optional with a fee. Please refer to the County Voters' Pamphlet page for instructions, deadlines and fees.