Benton County has suspended acceptance of U.S. passport applications until after the General Election with plans to resume this service on November 9th.  Currently, the U.S. Department of State has suspended the processing of expedited passport applications and has announced that they are not able to provide a specific date on when you will receive your passport and citizenship documents.  Should you need a passport immediately, please visit or call them at 1-877-487-2778. 

We ask that you have all your forms and checks filled out in black ink only and have all your required documentation in hand as well as your own black pen. 

Benton County will resume passport application acceptance services on Monday, November 9, 2020 by appointment only.  Please call our office at 541-766-6756 to schedule your appointment.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

The Elections & Passports office will be closed on Monday, November 11, 2020, in observance of Veterans Day.

Passport applications are accepted at the Benton County Clerk's Elections & Passports Office.

Passport Forms

To apply for a U.S. passport for the first time or to renew a passport by mail forms are available at the US Department of State website or at this office. Forms should be filled out carefully in black ink only, completing all required information before coming in. 

Costs & Forms of Payment

The cost of obtaining passports is the same regardless of where you apply. See passport fees at the US Department of State website.  Passport photos, with the exception of infants can be taken in this office for $10.00.  Due to the risk to the infant during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are not able to take their photos at this time.

Be sure to bring your checkbook. One check must be written for each passport application, and one for any execution fees and photos. Personal checks, money orders, bank drafts, or cashier's checks drawn on a US bank are acceptable for each application. Cash, credit cards, debit cards and temporary checks are not acceptable forms of payment to the US Department of State.

What to Bring

A completed, but unsigned passport application, certified birth certificate, and current driver's license will be enough for many applications. Oregon IDs, Provisional Licenses and out of state drivers' licenses will need additional identifications. Additional documentation will always be needed for children, or citizens born outside of the USA. Children 15 years old and under must have both parents appear with them when applying. Please bring your own black pen.

Important Travel Information and Links

For current information on travel, foreign visas and entry requirements, downloadable passport applications forms, requirements and fees, visit the U.S. Department of State at

Below are other quick links to the U.S. Department of State Passport Services