Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Register, Update, Cancel and Absentee
Register to Vote or Update Your Voting Information
You are eligible to register to vote if you are a United States citizen, a resident of Oregon and at least 16 years old. You can register:
1. Online at the Secretary of State Elections Division www.oregonvotes.gov. An Oregon driver's license or state ID card issued by the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is required. Do not register online if you have recently changed your name.
2. Voter Registration Card SEL500. Mailed or delivered in person to any Oregon Elections Office.
3. Come in and complete or update your voter registration in-person at the Benton County Elections located at 4500 SW Research Way, Corvallis OR 97333.
Check Your Voter Registration & Ballot Status
You may check your voter registration status and ballot status at the Secretary of State's Elections website at https://sos.oregon.gov/voting/Pages/myvote.aspx, or contact us.
Military and out of country ballots are sent 45 days before each election. Out of state ballots are sent 29 days before each election. Snowbirds and students that are out of the area part of the year should plan carefully. Unless you tell us where you will be during upcoming elections your ballot may not reach you. Your ballots will be mailed to where you can receive them.
Absentee Application Forms
1. Federal Post Card Application (FPCA): For members of the military, spouses of active military personnel, dependents of active military personnel and US citizens residing out of the country. You may also register and/or provide your absentee address online if you have an Oregon driver's license or state ID card issued by the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and have not changed your name.
Please note that only military and overseas voters that have submitted their voter registration and absentee application successfully can have access to balloting materials online at oregonvotes.gov My Vote. Mark your ballot, print, sign and return your balloting materials to Benton County Elections Office firstname.lastname@example.org as email attachments no later than 8:00 PM PST on Election Day. Please include your full name on the subject line when returning your ballot materials.
2. Absentee Application Form: For registered voters who are not military or overseas. If you are not already registered, please follow registration instructions on top of this page. You may also provide your absentee address online if you have an Oregon driver's license or state ID card issued by the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
If you are unsure of your registration status, check online at the Secretary of State Elections or contact us.
Cancel Your Voter Registration
Voters who are moving out of Oregon or who wish to cancel their voter registration for any other reason can do so by filling out the Voter Cancellation Form (PDF) and delivering it to the Benton County Elections Office in person, by mail, fax or as an e-mail attachment.
Canceling your voter registration will not keep you from being chosen to serve on a jury. Jury lists are also obtained from Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles.