Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Health Management Services – Billing
Billing Services is comprised of insurance billers, medical coders, claim auditors, credentialing assistance, financial assistance and check out staff.
- Third Party Insurance Claim Submissions - Billing Services provides billing services on behalf of all of our clients. We courtesy bill all government sponsored healthcare programs (Medicare/Medicaid/CCare etc.) and most other commercial insurance payors. Claim auditors review bills prior to submission and will provide insurance follow-up and problem resolution services in a combined effort with our clients. All claims are reviewed and coded by a certified medical coder prior to submission.
- Services for Underinsured and Uninsured - For underinsured and uninsured clients responsible for payment of their own healthcare services, discounts are available on a sliding fee scale basis. Discounts are based upon monthly income as compared to the national federal poverty level guidelines. Normal charge amounts are reduced down to a fixed flat rate, depending upon the type of service (Medical or Mental Health) and the type of provider rendering the service (physician/nurse/medical assistant etc.) All clients seeking a discount must complete an income verification process annually. Regardless of the size of discount, each client is expected to pay a nominal charge for any service provided under the scope of the Federally Qualified Health Center.
- Sliding Fee Scale Discount Program - The sliding fee scale is based on family size and monthly income which includes:
- Gross monthly wages
- Net income from farm and non-farm self-employment
- Social Security
- Dividends or interest on savings, bonds, estates, trusts, or net rental income
- Public assistance or welfare payments
- Unemployment compensation
- Government civilian employee or military retirement payments
- Veteran's payments
- Private pensions and annuities
- Alimony or child support
- Regular contributions from persons not living in the household
- Student loan amounts in excess of attendance costs (tuition and fees plus an allowance for books, supplies, and transportation required by the course of study)
- Military allowance for off-base housing and expenses
- Other cash income or allowance from any resources that are readily available to the household
Upon completion of the income verification process, a client’s discount and required flat rate charge for service may be provided.
- Fees - A fee is established for each type of service provided. Benton County Health Services provides a wide variety of services, from school based nursing and immunizations to Medical treatment, Mental Health services, public health services, health navigation and much more. Total charges for service can vary greatly depending upon complexity of treatment and the extent of external services required like laboratory and radiology. For details on the exact cost of a specific item or individual charge code, please contact the billing office.
Fees are established based upon costs, national Relative Value Units (RVU’s) assigned to each charge item, provider type and prevailing market fees for certain services.
- Payment - Payment is expected on the day of service. We accept cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and personal checks. You may pay your bill in person at the Health Center or send payment to:
Benton County Health Services
530 NW 27th St.
PO Box 579
Corvallis, OR 97339-0579
Payment arrangements are available to clients upon request and when necessary. A financial consultant on staff can provide helpful assistance when needed and may assist in identifying and possibly obtaining financial assistance through third party programs.
Billing staff apply all insurance payments on client accounts as appropriate. Client payments are always applied to the oldest balances first.