Health Management Services – Billing
Billing Services is comprised of insurance billers, medical coders, claim auditors, credentialing assistance, financial assistance and check out staff.
- Third Party Insurance Claim Submissions - Billing Services provides billing services on behalf of all of our clients. We courtesy bill all government sponsored healthcare programs (Medicare/Medicaid/CCare etc.) and most other commercial insurance payors. Claim auditors review bills prior to submission and will provide insurance follow-up and problem resolution services in a combined effort with our clients. All claims are reviewed and coded by a certified medical coder prior to submission.
- Services for Underinsured and Uninsured - For underinsured and uninsured clients responsible for payment of their own healthcare services, discounts are available on a sliding fee scale basis. Discounts are based upon monthly income as compared to the national federal poverty level guidelines. Normal charge amounts are reduced down to a fixed flat rate, depending upon the type of service (Medical or Mental Health) and the type of provider rendering the service (physician/nurse/medical assistant etc.) All clients seeking a discount must complete an income verification process annually. Regardless of the size of discount, each client is expected to pay a nominal charge for any service provided under the scope of the Federally Qualified Health Center.
- Sliding Fee Scale Discount Program - The sliding fee scale is based on family size and monthly income which includes:
- Gross monthly wages
- Net income from farm and non-farm self-employment
- Social Security
- Dividends or interest on savings, bonds, estates, trusts, or net rental income
- Public assistance or welfare payments
- Unemployment compensation
- Government civilian employee or military retirement payments
- Veteran's payments
- Private pensions and annuities
- Alimony or child support
- Regular contributions from persons not living in the household
- Student loan amounts in excess of attendance costs (tuition and fees plus an allowance for books, supplies, and transportation required by the course of study)
- Military allowance for off-base housing and expenses
- Other cash income or allowance from any resources that are readily available to the household
Upon completion of the income verification process, a client’s discount and required flat rate charge for service may be provided.
- Fees - A fee is established for each type of service provided. Benton County Health Services provides a wide variety of services, from school based nursing and immunizations to Medical treatment, Mental Health services, public health services, health navigation and much more. Total charges for service can vary greatly depending upon complexity of treatment and the extent of external services required like laboratory and radiology. For details on the exact cost of a specific item or individual charge code, please contact the billing office.
Fees are established based upon costs, national Relative Value Units (RVU’s) assigned to each charge item, provider type and prevailing market fees for certain services.
- Payment - Payment is expected on the day of service. We accept cash, debit, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and personal checks. You may pay your bill in person at the Health Center or send payment to:
Benton County Health Services
530 NW 27th St.
PO Box 579
Corvallis, OR 97339-0579
Payment arrangements are available to clients upon request and when necessary. A financial consultant on staff can provide helpful assistance when needed and may assist in identifying and possibly obtaining financial assistance through third party programs.
Billing staff apply all insurance payments on client accounts as appropriate. Client payments are always applied to the oldest balances first.