Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
HOPE Community Engagement
Click here to return to the HOPE Main Page.
Update on Community Feedback
From April 1-15, 2021, the HOPE Board engaged the community for feedback on their draft recommendations to the City of Corvallis and Benton County in the following three ways:
- An online survey on the draft recommendations for the first two weeks of April 2021.
- A virtual public forum on April 13, 2021 from 4-6pm for feedback and questions from the community. Click here to view the meeting recording.
- In-person focus groups with clients who have experienced homelessness at Corvallis Housing First, the Corvallis Daytime Drop-In Center, Community Outreach, Inc., and SafeCamp.
The HOPE Board incorporated public feedback into their final draft recommendations at their meeting on 4/28/21.
Overview of all Draft Recommendations to the City of Corvallis and Benton County
1. Facilitate and coordinate data improvement efforts with community partners.
2. Work with providers to create metrics to measure program success.
3. Adopt the Hub Model of care coordination as a framework for doing business that coordinates existing partners to provide the best possible service to individuals.
4. Full-time paid case managers are needed to support people transitioning out of homelessness. More case managers are needed who have commensurate experience and background that reflects the people they are serving from a cultural perspective and based on lived-experience.
5. Pursue the feasibility and implementation of a crisis response team.
6. Benton County needs a 24/7/365 Emergency Sheltering System for all populations with onsite resources at any shelter location to transition people out of homelessness.
7. Facilitate and support the creation of a Resource Center.
8. Establish referral pathways to transitional and permanent housing resources for serious criminal offenders (sex offenders, felony convictions, etc.).
9. Routine communication, notice, and community involvement need to happen on the topic of homelessness services.
10. Increase development or acquisition of affordable housing units for permanent supportive housing (PSH) by 20 new units per year for the next eight years to add at a minimum 160 new units of PSH in Benton County. “New” can be new construction or conversion of existing units to PSH units.
11. Increase available rental/income assistance options.
12. Increase supportive services and stable funding streams to provide services to residents at more affordable housing locations.
The Board will not be doing community engagement on these last three recommendations to implement the policy recommendations.
13. Organizational capacity is needed to work on and implement these recommendations, and organizational capacity needs to be built within social service organizations to manage and provide the services.
14. Funding recommendations
15. Legislative Advocacy
See the final accepted HOPE Recommendations here
Previous Public Engagement
Survey responses for the first four priority topics closed on 1/1/2021. The full presentation of public feedback from surveys and community listening sessions was presented at the HOPE Board meeting on 1/27/21. The public feedback in 2020 shaped the policy recommendations above. Upcoming meeting information is listed on the HOPE Meetings Page.
Community Organizations Being Engaged
List of Benton County Community Organizations being engaged in providing feedback to the HOPE Advisory Board.