HOPE Foundational Recommendation A - Organizational Capacity
Prioritize housing solutions within existing city/county resources and hire additional staff to coordinate and implement these policy recommendations. Support the growth of local service providers who transition people out of homelessness.
July 2022 - October 2022 Progress
- Pathfinder Clubhouse added two staff to their supported employment program.
- The Oregon State University Basic Needs Center added a new position with a housing focus to administer housing program for students, build partnerships, and offer peer to peer supports.
- Unity Shelter received funding from the Oregon Community Foundation and other donors to create a Life Skills and Transitions Coach position to support those moving from shelter or transitional housing into permanent housing.
- Corvallis School District added 5 new family advocates to support children and families who are experiencing homelessness or are at risk of losing housing.
June 2021 - June 2022 Progress
- City of Corvallis hired staff in community development with affordable housing and community development experience.
- Benton County hired a Communications Coordinator, Project Manager, and Grant Writer to support the implementation of HOPE Recommendations.
- Benton County hired a new Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Coordinator.
- City of Corvallis hired a new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) Coordinator.
- City of Corvallis funded a regional Bias Response Initiative that is based at the Oregon Cascades West Council of Governments.
- Corvallis Housing First has been accepted into the Supportive Housing Institute sponsored by Oregon Housing and Community Services.