HOPE Policy Recommendation #11 - Rental/Income assistance
Increase available rental/income assistance options.
Work with community partners to increase utilization and accessibility of Section 8 housing vouchers, pursue rent subsidies, and connect communities of color to rental/income assistance in a culturally responsive way.
July 2022 - October 2022
- The Housing Committee for the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), Linn-Benton chapter is helping to lower barriers for the Black, Indigenous, and People of Color (BIPOC) community for affordable rentals and home ownership.
- We Care provided emergency financial assistance to 255 households in the first 8 months of 2022.
- Benton County homeless service providers referred 80 Benton County households for Emergency Housing Vouchers.
June 2021 - June 2022
- Benton County homeless service providers referred 70 Benton County households for Emergency Housing Vouchers. 73 people transitioned out of homelessness with these vouchers.
- Community Services Consortium served 930 households with rental assistance.
- Jackson Street Youth Services has implemented a tiered rental assistance program to support self-sufficiency for transition age young adults (18-24 year olds).