Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Public Health – Disease Reporting for Providers
Disease Reporting for Physicians
Oregon state law requires the tracking of communicable diseases in order to prevent and control disease outbreaks. To ensure the safety of the community, the law also requires physicians, healthcare providers, and labs to report all "reportable" diseases to Benton County Health Services.
Diseases requiring immediate reporting can be done through Benton County Health Services 24/7. If you call the main number at 541-766-6835 after hours, your call will be transferred to an answering service which will locate a public health nurse to whom you can report. A number of communicable diseases are reportable by physicians to local health departments in Oregon. See a list of physician-reportable diseases and conditions in Oregon.
For more information on what should be reported, visit: Oregon Health Authority Communicable Disease Reporting. Note: HIPAA allows for reporting of communicable diseases, which is required under Oregon statute (more information on HIPAA).
How to Report a Disease
To report a disease, call 541-766-6835 or fax 541-766-6197 the Benton County Health Department. Remember: all reports should be made to the patient's local health department.
- Disease Reporting Form – for physicians and health care providers: morbidity report
- Laboratories are required to keep a log of reports
- Reports on out-of-state residents can be made to the provider's local health department or (preferably) directly to the Oregon Health Services, phone 971-673-1111; fax 971-673-1100
Please include the following information when calling to report:
- Patient: name, date of birth, race, gender
- Patient's contact information: home phone, work phone, address
- Method of diagnosis
- Date of onset
- Lab test results
- Treatment given
- Possible source
- Attending physician and phone number, comments
- Person making report: name and title, phone number
- Hospital admission/ER visit date
- Discharge date