Public Health - EMAC
Emergency Medical Advisory Committee (EMAC)
EMAC is a public body that provides advisement to the Health Department nd the Benton County Board of Commissioners regarding emergency medical services within Benton County.
EMAC has the following powers and duties:
- Review and make recommendations to the Board of Health regarding applications for assignment of ambulance service areas.
- Provide information to the County from pre-hospital care consumers, providers, and the medical community.
- Periodically review the performance of ambulance service providers within Benton County.
- Periodically review the Benton County Ambulance Service Area Plan and make recommendations to the Board of Health.
- Review and approve quality assurance programs and training plans of all providers annually to assure compliance with the Ambulance Service Area Plan.
EMAC meets quarterly on the third Tuesday of each quarter from 1:30 - 3:00 pm at Benton County Health Department, Siletz Meeting Room (upstairs). The meetings are posted in the Corvallis Gazette-Times and are open to the public.