Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Historic Resources Commission Home
The Historic Resources Commission consists of seven volunteer members from the Benton County Community. The commission is state-mandated and was created to implement a county-wide historic preservation program (ORS 358.622) which includes:
- Heightening the public's awareness of our historic heritage;
- Coordinating the local program with statewide and federal preservation programs;
- Maintaining a library on historic properties and helpful information on preservation techniques for the public's use at the Benton County Historical Museum; and
- Overseeing the Benton County Register of Historic Resources program.
Meetings are Open to the Public
The Commission meets the fourth Wednesday of each month on an as needed basis. If there is a conflict, the meeting will be rescheduled at the convenience of the members. The meetings start at 6:30 p.m. and will normally take place at the Kalapuya Building at 4500 SW Research Way - 2nd Floor, Corvallis, or at 460 SW Madison Avenue - 2nd Floor, Corvallis. Please check the agenda page for the meeting location.
The Department that coordinates the Historic Preservation Program and provides liaison services to the commission is the Community Development Department.
The Benton County Historic Resources Commission's mission includes:
- Reviewing and maintaining a Cultural Resources Survey for the County;
- Reviewing sites for eligibility and placement on the Benton County Register;
- Promoting the use and preservation of historic resources;
- Providing technical assistance to owners who wish to improve their historic properties;
- Seeking funding and professional assistance for survey, planning, repair, maintenance, rehabilitation, and restoration of historic resources;
- Promoting public awareness and interest in Benton County historic resources;
- Reviewing applications for demolition permits and building permits for exterior alterations of structures listed on the Benton County Register of Historic Resources.