Committees and Meetings
The Justice System Improvement Program includes both a Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) and Community Advisory Committee (CAC). Both committees meet monthly, with CAC meetings open to the public.
The TAC is the primary advisory group to the Board of Commissioners (BOC), project executive sponsor and County Administrator Joe Kerby, and Corvallis City Manager Mark Shepard. The committee includes subject matter experts, both internal to the County and City organizations, as well as “at large” members from the community, who can advise on issues spanning the criminal justice system and relative to Predesign Phase objectives.
The CAC will serve in both an intermediate and potentially long-term capacity, with the composition of the committee changing over time, but comprising 15 or more individuals representing a broad cross-section of community interests as they relate to the current CJSI Program (see members list below and attached presentation materials).
In the intermediate term, the CAC will serve in both an internal and external advisory capacity. The committee is the primary advisory group to the TAC, and by extension to the Program Manager and DLR (a Portland-based design firm contracted by the County to manage the Predesign Phase). It is anticipated a subset of the CAC will form the basis for a political action committee in the latter stages of Predesign.
CAC Meeting Logistics
CAC meetings are conducted virtually via Zoom. Details are as follows:
Join Zoom meeting
Meeting ID: 978 3470 1821
One tap mobile
+13462487799,,97834701821# US (Houston)
+16699006833,,97834701821# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
877 369 0926 US Toll-free
855 880 1246 US Toll-free
Meeting ID: 978 3470 1821
CAC Meeting Schedule (open to the public)
Meeting #1: Dec. 8, 2020 - 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Meeting #2: Jan. 19, 2021 - 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Meeting #3: Feb. 16, 2021 - 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Meeting #4: March 16, 2021 - 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Meeting #5: April 20, 2021 - 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Meeting #6: May 18, 2021 - 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Meeting #7: June 15, 2021 - 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Meeting #8: July 20, 2021 - 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
Meeting Membership, Notes, and Recordings
- Captain John De Vaney – Benton County Sheriff’s Office
- Chief Nick Hurley – Corvallis Police Department
- Chief Marcia Harnden – City of Albany Police Department
- Senior Deputy DA Amie Matusko – District Attorney’s Office
- Chris Westfall – Trial Court Administrator, Oregon Justice Department
- Dannielle Brown – Benton County Director Behavioral Health
- Paul Wallsinger – Benton County Director Facilities
- At-Large Member – Stacy Mellem, Community Volunteer and TAC Liaison
- At-Large Member – Mike Flinn, Defense Consortium
- At-Large Member – Professor David Trejo, OSU Engineering
- At-Large Member – Professor Brett Burkhardt, OSU Sociology
- At-Large Member – Rick Hein, Governor’s Citizen Representative, Willamette Criminal Justice Council
- At-Large Member – Bill Bouska, Director of Community Solutions and Government Affairs, Samaritan Health Services