The program is working hard to engage a wide range of residents, businesses, and organizations to gather input. Stay up-to-date on program developments and future public engagement opportunities by signing up for our email list!
Upcoming Public Engagement Opportunities
Join the conversation about how to build an equitable, effective, and safe justice system for all Benton County residents at our second community meeting.
At the meeting, we will share:
Outcomes of four months of community conversations
Key points from site selection discussions to date.
We want to see how our analysis of recent community conversations resonates with you, and provide you with an opportunity to provide feedback on the Board of Commissioners' site selection deliberations.
WHAT: Virtual Community Meeting
WHEN: Wednesday, October 13 from 5:30-7:00 p.m.
WHERE: Register to join us via Zoom at: https://bit.ly/BentonCoGov-JSIP-Webinar2
Past Public Engagement Opportunities
The Justice System Improvement Program held its first Virtual Community Meeting on Wednesday, September 8. View the zoom presentation of our September 8 Community Meeting below.
Your feedback is critical as we move forward in the decision making process. Please take a moment to fill out the Post-Meeting Survey at: https://bit.ly/BentonCoGov-JSIP-PostMeetingSurvey.
Speaking Engagements and Small Group Discussions
See below for a list of speaking engagements and meetings conducted and/or planned for the fall of 2021. We are adding engagements to this list as we schedule them.
|Organization or Group||Date of Presentation|
|Albany Police Department||7/27/21|
|Corvallis Police Department||8/12/21|
|Corvallis Chamber of Commerce||9/3/21|
|Downtown Corvallis Association||8/18/21|
|Grand Oaks Neighborhood||9/29/21|
|Health and Social Services Providers||8/12/21, 8/17/21 & 8/19/21|
|H.O.P.E. Advisory Board||9/22/21|
|League of Women Voters||9/20/21|
|Linn-Benton Hispanic Advisory Council||8/31/21|
|Mental Health, Addictions and Developmental Disabilities Advisory Committee (MHADDAC)||9/7/21|
|Municipalities and OSU||7/26/21 & 8/4/21|
|Spanish speaking residents and organizations||9/17/21|
|West Hills Neighborhood Association||8/8/21|
|Willamette Criminal Justice Council||9/15/21|
|Willamette Landing||9/13/21, 10/14/21|
Public Engagement Goals
The public engagement goals for this phase of the program are to:
- Raise awareness about the County’s approach to embracing prevention, treatment and accountability in the justice system.
- Gather perspectives about the Justice System Improvement Program from both involved community members and the general public, including people who usually don’t attend public meetings.
- Listen carefully to people regarding program purpose, goals, and questions.
- Hear from a broad and diverse group of people; consider all input, not just the loudest opinions.
- Thoughtfully consider community input, respond in a timely way, and explain the reasoning behind program decisions.
- Build community trust as a strong foundation for the program.
- Determine the elements of a bond measure for the Justice System Improvement Program.