Lodging Tax and Permits

Operators of lodging facilities that offer stays less than 30 days must begin paying a short-term lodging tax effective July 1, 2019. 


The transient or short-term lodging tax in Benton County applies to all facilities with lodgers of stays less than 30 days and with rental availability to the public of more than 30 days in a calendar year. This includes hotels, motels, resorts, inns, bed & breakfasts, cabins, lodges, RV sites and campgrounds, vacation rental houses, and any other dwelling unit used for temporary overnight stays.

If you have any questions or comments; please email financeinfo@co.benton.or.us.

For Lodgers

For Lodging Operators