Benton County Geographic Information Systems
Benton County departments develop and maintain a variety of geographic data related to County business functions as part of their business functions and as a service to County staff and citizens. Products include printable maps, interactive maps, and GIS data for use by the public. Most maps are accessible through the department web page, but a list of frequently accessed maps, data, and links are listed below.
Products available include:
- Benton County Taxlot Map - an online, interactive mapping application that displays Assessment Maps with other map information and links.
- Benton County Zoning Map - an online, interactive mapping application that displays Zoning Maps with other map information and links.
- Benton County Survey Map - an online, interactive mapping application that displays Survey map layers with other map information and links. This is a more advanced application for Surveyors and other interested users.
- Assessment maps – produced for Property Tax Assessment by the Assessor's Department - in scanned, Adobe Acrobat format (.pdf)
- Survey maps – County Surveys, Subdivision and Partition Plats as filed by Surveyors with the County Surveyor's Office - in scanned, Adobe Acrobat format (.pdf)
- GIS data – Geographic Information System data in ESRI shapefile and other GIS formats to use with GIS software.
- Web GIS Services - Geographic Information System data provided as services that can be used in desktop GIS software or through other web-based GIS applications
Many County Departments include access to selected maps in both .pdf and .jpg formats:
|Roads||Public Works Department|
|Zoning||Benton County Zoning Map||Community Development Department|
|Elections||Election Precinct Maps||Elections Office|
The Right Trail - an interactive trail map website
|Natural Areas & Parks Department|
|Topographic||GIS maps provide LiDAR-derived elevation information along with many other map layers.||Information Technology|
|Cities, Counties, State, and Federal Map Resources||(Outside Agencies)|
What is GIS?
GIS, or "Geographic Information Systems" means a computer system for the storage, retrieval and spatial and logical analysis of geographically based data. For Benton County this means a computerized system that improves access and usefulness of geographic information about Benton County through 1.) spatial and logical analysis; 2.) graphical display; 3.) central storage and distribution; and 4.) public availability.