Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Alsea Guard Station
Stay the Night in the Majestic Alsea River Valley
If you are - A Fisherman - Need a Quiet Retreat - Want to Float or Wade in the River - Watch the Salmon, then this place is for you.
A partnership signed between Benton County and the Siuslaw National Forest will create a unique camping experience. The national forest recently approved a permit allowing Benton County Natural Areas and Parks to make improvements to a former fire guard station along the Alsea River and operate it as a rental cabin.
The Alsea Guard Station has historic significance as being the only Depression Era guard station remaining in the Siuslaw District.
The guard station’s location across from a county park with a boat ramp to the Alsea River makes the site particularly appealing.
Rental Pricing and Need to Know Information
|Check-In Time: 3pm||Check-Out Time: 1pm|
|Amenities:||Rental Pricing and Rules:|
|Central heating; running water (hot/cold), no air conditioning||
$115 per night year round, $10 on line reservation fee, $100 Refundable Deposit (Cleaning is required)
|1.5 bathroom one with shower and sink, other with flush toilet and sink||Discount 62 years old and older $5 per night, Discount $10 per night for Veterans - Cannot use both discounts at the same time|
|2 bedrooms, one has a single bed over double bunk bed sleeps 3, other bedroom has a double bed sleeps 2||Limited to 2 pets with an additional $25 per pet fee per night; in addition a $100 Pet Cleaning Fee is required and non-refundable.|
|Main living area has futon couch which pulls out sleeps 2; table with four chairs, lamp||$15 for canceled reservation and the remaining fees are refunded if it is more than 7 days before the reservation date, if it is less than 7 days no refund is given|
Kitchen includes microwave and refrigerator/freezer, sink, and cabinet space, small wooden table with 4 chairs, coffee maker, toaster oven with small grill. Assorted pans to use in toaster oven or on grill. Cooking utensils, measuring cups, measuring spoons. Set of dishes service for four. Includes silverware and drinking glasses
(An outside grill is provided for cooking in addition to the microwave and toaster oven)
|There is no charge to reschedule reservation to another date within the same year|
|NOT INCLUDED: Stove or oven, sharp knives or mixing bowls, bed linens, pillows or towels||Number of people allowed is 7. Limited to 3 cars and a boat trailer|
|Cleaning supplies are provided||No minimum night stay, maximum stay 14 consecutive days|
|Restrictions: No Smoking; No Fireworks; No Cleaning of Fish in the house. No Open Flames (includes candles) Except in Outside BBQ.||Furniture is not to be moved outside; No firewood is to be collected/gathered on site or adjacent to site; No RV Hook-ups|
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow