Fort Hoskins Historical Park
Make a reservation and come check out what is happening at Fort Hoskins or just stop by for a look. The original Commander's House built at Fort Hoskins in 1857 has been moved back on site. The Commanders House can be seen above setting on the edge of the parade grounds where it originally sat in 1857. To read more of the history of this house and see pictures of the move go to this link https://www.afrana.org/ which is the Friends of Benton County Parks web-site.
The original Fort Hoskins was established in 1856 to protect and monitor the new coastal Indian reservation. Fort Hoskins was purchased by Benton County in 1991.
Fort Hoskins Historic Park, a 130-acre site, opened for public day use in July, 2002. Fort Hoskins Historic Park offers accessible restrooms, picnicking, educational interpretive displays, and self-guided trails that will allow users to access the resource's varied history, vegetation, and views. The group picnic area shelter is available for reservation rental. (See the Reservations Page for more information.)
We have additional information online for Fort Hoskins; including maps, photos, and newsletters. Also available online is the Fort Hoskins Historic Park Forest Stewardship Management Plan.
Fort Hoskins Historic Park offers educational interpretive displays and self-guided trails that allow users to appreciate the park's varied history, vegetation and views. The Fort Hoskins Shelter, constructed in 2002, is available for reservation and exclusive use. In addition to ten picnic tables and serving counter, there are two electrical outlets, a sink and electric cook top, spigot, drinking fountain and barbeques. The park and the accessible restroom is available for use from dawn to dusk. The access road is gated from dusk to dawn.
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow