Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Outdoor Education & Recreation Program
"Develop a partnership to support implementation of a sustainable and adaptable outdoor education and recreation programs that provides annual opportunities within priority Benton County Natural Areas & Parks, with an emphasis on rural and underserved youth and their families"
* Share information with regional partners on park amenities and capacity for major types of outdoor and site appropriate indoor programs,
* Identify opportunities for collaboration,
* Help guide participation and joint project/program development activities,
* Establish and balance scheduling demands as early as possible prior to peak season (spring-early fall),
* Alleviate heavy seasonal use impacts through advance planning.
Park Use Estimation & Survey Project
Starting in 2018, Benton County Natural Areas and Parks Department (NAPD) started estimating park use, experiences, and values within the natural areas and parks system- a vital part to long-term community support. From May thru August , project staff sample vehicle traffic counts and collected park-user survey responses. The Outdoor Education & Recreation Program completed all project work, and provided key support for planning of park management projects and programs. NAPD plans to implement use estimation and survey methodology within a rotating set of priority parks, each peak season period, to inform future priorities and management while capturing important trends. Review all park user survey responses and more in the reports below!
What's Currently Happening?
We're happy to announce the following programs and opportunities for Spring and Summer or some throughout the year! Check back and follow us on Facebook to learn more and participate!
FOCUS (Forests, Organisms, Creeks, U Study!) This program brings students, in grades 3-5, into a natural setting for hands-on scientific learning experiences. The program is run at Beazell Memorial Forest, northwest of Philomath, OR in Kings Valley, as a partnership between OSU Extension Service Benton County and Benton County Natural Areas and Parks.
Natural Areas Celebration Week Every year the community of outdoor educators, managers, and volunteers, provide a week of free public events. This year the following special events are being provided by Benton County Natural Areas & Parks during early May. Details coming soon!
GO (Get Outdoors) Day! The fourth annual National Get Outdoors Day event to be held oat Peavy Arboretum. This free event is hosted by OSU College of Forestry and OSU Benton County Extension, and will feature a variety of hands-on activities to connect youth and families with the great outdoors. Check back for date soon!
Benton County Outdoor Summer Adventures This collaboration between Benton County Natural Areas and Parks and Corvallis Parks and Recreation provides youth, ages 8 - 11, with 4 days of fun, summer adventures that explore Benton County
These are currently being finalized with limited spots available! Check back and watch for the Corvallis Parks & Recreation Activity Guide!
Click any thumbnail image to view a slideshow