Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Prairie Conservation Strategy – Resources
Technical Assistance and Incentive Programs
A number of conservation tools are available to assist landowners with habitat conservation activities. Each tool allows for flexibility in meeting different needs and conditions from habitat acquisition to tax incentive programs to habitat restoration. The following is a description of some of the different conservation tools available.
Benton Soil Water Conservation District (BSWCD)
- Assist local landowners by offering technical and financial assistance for the restoration and enhancement of wetlands, riparian areas and wildlife habitat.
- Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) – Provides technical and financial assistance to eligible farmers and ranchers to address soil, water, and related natural resource concerns on their lands in an environmentally beneficial and cost-effective manner.
- Conservation Reserve Enhancement Program (CREP) – A voluntary land retirement program that helps agricultural producers protect environmentally sensitive land, decrease erosion, restore wildlife habitat, and safeguard ground and surface water.
- Grassland Reserve Program (GRP) – Managed jointly with NRCS, a conservation easement or cost share program that helps landowners and operators restore and protect grassland, including rangeland, pastureland, shrubland, and certain other lands, while maintaining the areas as grazing lands.
Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS)
- Conservation of Private Grazing Land (CPGL) – Provides technical assistance for private landowners with grazing lands.
- Conservation Technical Assistance (CTA) – Provides technical assistance to conserve, maintain, and improve natural resources.
- Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) – A cost share program to help landowners install or implement structural and management practices on eligible agricultural land.
- Grassland Reserve Program (GRP) – Managed with jointly with FSA, a conservation easement or cost share program that helps landowners and operators restore and protect grassland, including rangeland, pastureland, shrubland, and certain other lands, while maintaining the areas as grazing lands.
- Wildlife Habitat Incentive Program (WHIP) – A cost share program to help private landowners develop and improve wildlife habitat.
- Wetlands Reserve Program (WRP) – A conservation easement or cost share opportunity to protect, restore, and enhance wetlands on private property.
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW)
- Access and Habitat Program – Grants for improving wildlife habitat, increasing public hunting access to private land or for solving a wildlife damage issue.
- Riparian Lands Tax Incentive – A property tax incentive program for improving or maintaining qualifying riparian lands.
- Wildlife Habitat Conservation and Management Program (WHCMP) – property tax incentive program to help private landowners voluntarily conserve native wildlife habitat.
Oregon Watershed Enhancement Board (OWEB)
- Lottery funded grants for restoration and acquisition.
United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS)
- North American Wetland Conservation act (NAWCA) – matching grants to organizations and individuals who have developed partnerships to carry out wetlands conservation projects.
- Partners for Fish and Wildlife (PFW) – provides technical and financial assistance to private landowners who are willing to work with USFWS and other partners on a voluntary basis to help meet the habitat needs of Federal Trust Species.
- Cooperative Endangered Species Conservation Fund – grants to States that may, in turn, be provided to individual landowners and groups to benefit endangered species conservation.
Watershed Councils – Voluntary, non-regulatory groups established to improve the conditions of watersheds in their local area. Council members collaborate to identify issues, promote cooperative solutions, focus resources, agree on goals for watershed protection and enhancement, and foster communication among all watershed interests.