The Planning Division is responsible for managing the Comprehensive Land Use Plan and administering the County's zoning regulations and long range land use planning. Professional planners, in cooperation with the Building Division, Public Works Department and Environmental Health Division, perform these tasks.
Hours Open to the Public
Please call and make an appointment at 541-766-6819, if you need to speak with a particular planner and to be certain that the planning counter will be open when you visit.
Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays - 8:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Wednesdays - 10:00 A.M. to 4:30 P.M.
Please call ahead and make an appointment if you have specific questions or if they involve either of the following:
- Regulated Floodplain
- Historic Resources
We are closed the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr., President’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran’s Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Planning Division Staff
- Greg Verret, Community Development Director & Planning Official
- Kristin Anderson, Associate Planner
- Toby Lewis, Associate Planner & Certified Floodplain Manager
- Linsey Godwin, Associate Planner
- Inga Williams, Associate Planner, Historic Resources Manager
- Patrick Depa, Multi-Jurisdiction Planner for Benton County and the cities of Monroe, Adair Village and Philomath
- Rebecca Taylor, Code Compliance Specialist
- Linda Ray, Administrative Specialist
Commissions & Committees
- Citizen Advisory Committee
- Historic Resources Commission
- Planning Commission
- Solid Waste Advisory Council
- Disposable Site Advisory Committee
Land Use Applications
Please visit our Land Use Forms & Fees page for specific land use applications and to view the application fee schedule. On average decisions are made on land use applications within two months from when a complete application is submitted. The review time can be shorter or it can be longer depending on the complexity of the application and staff workload. If you have concerns about this timeframe please contact the Planning Division at (541) 766-6819 and ask to speak with the planner assigned to your application file or with the Planner On-Call if you have not yet submitted your application.
What is Land Use Planning?
The Oregon State University Libraries and Press in collaboration with the Institute for Natural Resources have developed a Land Use Planning Online Training. This video series provides background and training about land use planning in Oregon. This training series was funded by the Oregon Coastal Management Program through a Section 306 NOAA Grant.