Land Use Forms & Fees
We are available by appointment Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 1 PM.
Applications will only be accepted in-person at the office. You will need to make an appointment to submit any land use application. Accommodation can be made for remote applicants.
Prior to visiting our office please call 541-766-6819 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are the most commonly requested application forms. If you do not see the form you need, please contact the Planning Division, 541-766-6819.
1. Locate the appropriate land use application form below. They are available for viewing as PDFs and can be filled out on your computer. You must use Internet Explorer for the digital signature option to work. We are able to accept digital esignatures in addition to the original signed document. Print the document to PDF, rather than saving as a PDF, to ensure capture of filled information and signature.
2. Fill out the application form and be sure to include the required attachments. All property owners must sign the application form either through e-signature or provide us with the original signed document. We cannot accept scans or copies of the original signature page.
3. A planner will review your application and let you know if there are any missing items or, if complete, will take in payment. You may pay by check, cash, or charge.
For exact Planning and Land Use Application Fees, please contact the Planning Division, 541-766-6819. To get a ball park of the fees, please reference our 2023 fee schedule (effective Jan 1, 2023).
SETBACKS TABLE for EFU, FC, RR, and UR zoning districts
- Administrative Review
- Alteration or Expansion of a Non-Conforming Use
- Alteration of a Historic Resource
- Appeal - Development Department Decision
- Appeal - Planning Commission Decision
- Conditional Use - Standard
- Conditional Use - Development in the Willamette Greenway
- Conditional Use - Home Occupation - Required in Resource Zones and when using an Exception to Dimensional Standards (BCC 91.220).
- Home Occupation - For Non-Resource Zones.
- Home Occupation Renewal - Required every two (2) years for home occupations in accessory structures.
- Ministerial Review
- Pre-Application Conference
- Research Request - Typically used for determining number of legal parcels or to provide a full permit history report.
- RV Placement Permit - for temporary use of an RV for guests
- Site Development Plan - Typically required for any structural addition or new development within an industrial zone.
- Telecommunication Tower Modifications
- Zone and/or Comprehensive Plan Change
Dwelling and Medical Hardship Applications
- Farm Dwelling
- Farm Dwelling - Lot of Record, Predominantly High-Value Soils
- Farm Dwelling - Lot of Record, Predominantly Non-High-Value Soils
- Non-Farm Dwelling East of the Coast Range
- Non-Farm Dwelling West of the Coast Range
- Forest Dwelling - 160 Acres
- Forest Dwelling - Template Test
- Forest Dwelling - Lot of Record
- Medical Hardship Dwelling - Non Resource Zones
- Medical Hardship Dwelling - Resource Zones
Development in the Floodplain
A land division is considered a partition if less than four properties are being created each year. There are multiple applications for partitions depending on the size, zoning and minimum parcel size or density of the parent property.
- Partition - Ministerial Review - Only for resource zoned properties (Exclusive Farm Use, Multi-Purpose Agriculture and/or Forest Conservation) that will meet the minimum size requirements. Cannot be used when the parent property can be divided into 6 or more properties.
- Partition - Standard Application - Cannot be used when the parent property can be divided into 6 or more properties. The following applications and information may also need to be included:
- Water Supply Requirements for Partitions [You must email email@example.com. for the application to start the well pumping test process]
- Properties located within the Corvallis Urban Fringe and the Urban Residential or Floodplain Agriculture Zone, must also include:
- Series Partition - Preliminary Plat Application - This application is required when the property can be divided into 6 or more properties, regardless of whether or not the proposal is to create less than the maximum amount.
- Series Partition - Final Plat Application - use to complete each phase of the approved series partition.
Property Line Adjustments, Tax Lot Creation and Subdivisions
Create a Tax Lot/Deed Release - Creates a new tax lot, not a new parcel. Typically done for construction financing.
Property Line Adjustment - to adjust the property lines between two properties. Additional application forms are required when more than two properties will be adjusted. These applications can be reviewed concurrently, if applied for on the same day.
Subdivision - for creating 4 or more properties in a year.
- Pre-Application Conference - required.
- Water Supply Requirements for Subdivisions [You must email firstname.lastname@example.org. for the application to start the well pumping test process]
- Subdivision applications for properties located within the Corvallis Urban Fringe and the Urban Residential or Floodplain Agriculture Zone, must also include: