Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Community Emergency Plans
One of the roles of the Emergency Management Division of the Sheriff's Office is to develop plans that guide our community in preparing for, responding to, and recovering from disasters.
The disasters that could impact our community are varied and range from natural disasters such as earthquakes and wild fires, to human-caused threats.
Why Plans Are Important
Disasters are, by their nature, chaotic and unpredictable. That makes planning for them challenging. While no plan can anticipate all situations or provide for a perfect response, having a plan that clarifies responsibilities and provides a framework for actions is critical.
When a disaster strikes, the various groups that will be responding - whether government, business, or community organizations - need to know their roles. Advanced planning and training can help. We don't want organizations duplicating efforts or getting in each others' way.
Developing and maintaining emergency plans also has an economic impact on the county. In Oregon, all jurisdictions that receive preparedness funds must be compliant in the National Incident Management System (NIMS). This must be documented in our emergency plans. In order to be eligible to apply for certain grant funds, or to receive federal reimbursement after a disaster, our plans must meet FEMA standards.
Understanding Your Role
Community emergency plans focus on what the community needs to do to maintain public safety, to help the extremely vulnerable, and to get infrastructure back on line. Government resources will be focused on these priorities.
In a major disaster, resources may not be readily available to most community members. That's why you're encouraged to make a personal or family plan. Information to help you prepare is available. Click here to learn more: Learn How To Be Prepared.
Benton County Plans
Federal and State mandates require that we develop emergency plans. Our Emergency Management Division maintains the following community emergency plans:
- Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP)
- Emergency Operations Plan (EOP)
- Natural Hazards Mitigation Plan (NHMP)
Additionally, we maintain a Search and Rescue (SAR) Plan that guides our SAR activities.
For More Information
For more information, contact the Benton County Sheriff's Office Emergency Management Division.