Land & Roads
- Natural Areas & Parks Picnic Facility Reservations Locate a park or natural area Find a trail, take a hike Conserving our native habitat Salmonberry Campground Property Information Search Property tax accounts Search for a deed Pay taxes online Appeal property taxes Find property on a map Survey your property Property tax records
- Sustainability Building & Land Use Building Permits & Codes Request an Inspection Code Compliance Septic Systems Planning and Zoning GIS Maps GIS Data Links to Other Maps
- Roads and Utility Services Road closures and delays Request road maintenance Access utility bills Public Transportation Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Sheriff's Office Sheriff's Message Volunteer Opportunities What's Happening Emergency Services Current Information Emergency Alert System Disaster and Hazard Preparedness Search and Rescue Child Support Collection
- Jail Inmate Rosters Inmate Services Criminal prosecution Victim Services Court Calendar Juvenile Services Supervision and accountability Detention Teen Court
- Parole and Probation Mission and programs Sex offender notification Law Enforcement Report a crime Daily activity log Concealed Handgun Licenses Justice System Improvement Program
Health & Family
- COVID-19 Information Public Health Communicable disease reporting Mental Health and Addictions Peer specialists Gambling prevention Tobacco prevention Children and youth programs Adult programs Substance Use Disorder
- Food and Water Safety Restaurants Temporary Food Service Well Testing Septic Systems Community Health Centers Find a physician Dental services Family Planning Developmental Diversity (Disabilities) OSU Extension
- Maternal and Child Health WIC Healthy baby programs Licenses and Certificates Birth Certificates Death Certificates Dog License Marriage License Pay My Medical Bill Event Center & Fairgrounds
- Board of Commissioners BOC Meetings Advisory Committees County Legal Counsel Meeting Agendas and Minutes Licenses and Passports Marriage Licenses Passports Dog Licenses
- Voting Elections & Voting Register to Vote Updates & Absentee Voting Elections Put a measure on the ballot Run for office Precinct maps County News Newsletter News & Announcements Subscribe
- Departments County office locations Department List OSU Extension Business in Benton County County Budget See county RFP opportunities Economic Development Veteran Services
I Want To...
- Work for Benton County Apply for a job Volunteer Pay property taxes online View a tax statement Apply for … Marriage license Dog license Passport Building permit Septic permit Restaurant licenses Find Requests for Proposals
- Vote Elections & Voting Register to vote Updates & Absentee Voting Find an event View county calendar View fairgrounds calendar Make a … Medical/Dental appointment Mental health appointment Medical Bill Payment Locate a county office
- Find out about … County Budget Current road conditions Adopt-a-Road Program No Spray Program Veteran Services See who's in jail Report a crime Reserve a facility County park picnic facility Benton Oaks RV park Salmonberry campground Fairgrounds facility Ride a Bus
Benton County recognizes that numerous individuals and organizations in the County would like to adopt-a-road for the purpose of maintaining the appearance of that particular road. It is the desire of the County to accommodate and cooperate with these individuals and organizations, and to recognize the groups for their efforts by erecting a sign at each end of the work area.
A permit to adopt a road is required by Benton County and must be obtained before any work begins on the road. Applications are available at the County office and online. No fees are required for processing the application or issuing the permit.
All applicants must be at least 21 years of age and sign a Liability Release. If an applicant refuses to sign, the permit will be denied without further consideration. The applicant will be informed of the permit's acceptance or denial by the Benton County Public Works Department representative.
Safety gear in the form of vests and signs can be picked up at the front desk.
Adopt-a-Road Program Procedures
- A blank permit application, as well as Benton County policies, procedures, and regulations, can be obtained in person from Benton County Public Works Department or downloaded from this website.
- Applicant discusses location, details, etc. with the Public Works Director or his designee.
- Name of road, particular section, and any special conditions.
- Applicant returns the completed permit to Benton County Public Works Department for final review by:
- Safety Officer
- Public Works Director
- Applicant is contacted by Benton County as to whether the permit is accepted or denied. Any changes and/or restrictions are reviewed with the applicant and a copy of the signed permit is given to applicant.
For further information, please contact Chris Baillie of Benton County Public Works at 541-766-6821.